I’ve really been off the radar for a few days and still need to continue my dentist and bucket list pieces. Truthfully though, I just felt like, screw it, I’ll get to it when I get to it. I have been feeling a little guilty for neglecting my blog though, so I have decided to do a little something that I have been planning for some time.
1. You work for a salary, not for someone who knows or even cares about your worth. Get the job done and you get paid. Appreciation of you as an individual is what friends and family is for.
2. Get over it. No really, this is the most important thing anyone can learn. Sometimes, we just need to get over it and move on. There comes a time when we have to accept the things we can’t change. Make that your truth for the day.
3. You’re a screw up. Everyone is. It’s kind of part of being human, and it’s okay.
4. Words are really powerful, and can never be taken back. Regret is one of the worst things a person can live with.
5. Nothing on earth is broken beyond repair. Unless it’s a Ming vase or something.
6. Respect is earned, but everyone deserves to be treated with respect; regardless.
7. Hope is tenacious, whenever you think you’ve lost it, you surprise yourself by finding yourself still hoping, even if your world has crashed and burned.
8. Have faith, whatever that may mean to you as an individual. Have faith in yourself, in your god, in your husband, wife or child. Have it, and hold on to it. Some days all you have is your faith, and that’s okay too.
9. When you watch a movie or read a book, live it. What’s the point otherwise.
10. Learn when to shut up. There’s usually signs. (Note to self…repeat this mantra five times every day)